Support For Regional Victorian Startup Entrepreneur Programs
Building a Vibrant Regional Victorian Startup Community
Indicative timings for this program include:
EOI Open: 16 June 2022
Information Session: 12pm 23 June [Watch the recording]
EOI Closes: 10am 21 July 2022
EOI Outcomes: advised via email week commencing Monday 1 August, no later than Friday 5 August 2022.
RFP Outcomes: announced via LaunchVic Website as contracted
LaunchVic has proudly supported the development of regional startup ecosystems across Victoria. However, there is more work to do - only 3% of founders identify as regional despite 25% of Victoria’s population living outside Melbourne. LaunchVic wants to build a vibrant regional Victorian startup community by helping early-stage ecosystem development activities in regional centres.
LaunchVic is inviting Expressions of Interest from New and Existing organisations recommending the areas of programming required to grow their local startup ecosystem with the objectives of:
- Encourage startup ecosystem development activities in regional Victoria;
- Encourage people to consider a pathway into the startup ecosystem
- Increase the number of early-stage startups being created in regional Victoria.
Programs currently funded by LaunchVic that operate in regional Victoria and are seeking re-funding and consortia proposals will be considered.
The successful EOI applicants will be invited to submit a detailed Request for Proposal (RFP). Successful RFP applicants will receive funding of between $50,000 and $300,000 (exclusive of GST) over 1-2 years. Funds can be used for Operating Costs.
We are seeking ideas that will support startup entrepreneurship in regional Victoria and increase the number of early-stage startups.
Please note: Startups are not eligible for this funding round.
Definitions relevant to this grant round
• Regional Victoria includes 48 regional and rural council areas across Victoria that are covered within the five regions of Barwon South West, Gippsland, Grampians, Hume and Loddon Mallee. Programs in Metropolitan Melbourne are not eligible for this EOI.
• Startups are young technology-based businesses that use innovation to scale rapidly and capture global markets. Examples of technology include: software/app, artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain, web3 and NFTs, advanced manufacturing & robotics, Internet of Things (IoT), big data analytics, augmented/virtual reality, 3D printing, advanced materials, genomics & life sciences (including BioTech and MedTech) and autonomous vehicles.
• Startup Entrepreneurs are individuals who have an idea for a Startup and seeking to launch a Startup and register (or have registered) their Company via ASIC in the State of Victoria.
• Startup Programs can include meetups, events, hackathons, education courses, mentoring, bootcamps, incubator programs and pre-accelerator programs. Other programs outside of this list will also be considered, but applicants will need to demonstrate how they contribute to the growth of an early-stage startup ecosystem.
• Pre-Accelerator is a program targeted at Startup Entrepreneurs who have an idea for a startup and want to establish a business and develop an MVP. The program runs for a designated period of time,