HealthTech Reimbursement: Getting Paid in the USA
Founder Education: HealthTech Export & Growth
Healthcare in the USA is complex.
This program, brought to you by BioMelbourne Network with support from LaunchVic, will deliver strategic education sessions to founders and executives of Victorian healthtech startups wanting to develop reimbursement strategies for market entry into the USA.
Who is it for?
This program is for you if you:
- are the founder or executive of a Victorian healthtech company (medical device, diagnostic, medical technology including digital health)
- have a business model with a strategic focus on entry into the USA market
- want to inform your strategy and develop your skills in USA reimbursement, health economics and market access, learning directly from US experts here in Melbourne
- would benefit from an exclusive ‘Go-to-Market in the US’ educational opportunity in the US with travel support funding for up to 10 eligible companies to meet directly with payers, providers and decision makers in Medical Alley, Minneapolis, USA.
What will you learn?
This USA-focused program will provide participants with a deeper understanding of the USA reimbursement and critical skills and knowledge needed to develop, test and action a comprehensive strategy for accessing the USA market.
Topics covered will include: reimbursement coding coverage/insurance, payment; health economics and payer-purchaser strategies; and market strategy including adoption, pricing and payments.
What is offered?
The program has two components:
- A series of three reimbursement masterclass modules covering topics in reimbursement, health economics and market strategy, delivered to participants in Melbourne, by US-based experts.
- An exclusive in-market educational opportunity in the UAS with travel support funding for up to 10 eligible companies. Select Victorian startups will travel to the USA to meet directly with payers, providers and decision makers in Medical Alley, a leading healthtech cluster in Minneapolis.
Each masterclass module comprises one introductory seminar event, one full-day skills-based workshop, and bespoke advisory sessions for each participant company.
Participants in the educational excursion to Medical Alley will be selected, on a competitive basis, from those companies who have completed the masterclass modules. Competitive travel awards will be offered to companies based on strategic positioning and USA market readiness and will reimburse participants eligible expenses up to $AU3000. The ‘Go-to-Market in the US’ program will be customised to meet participating company needs and will include site visits, business matching and workshop events in Minneapolis.
How to register
This program is now finished. Please follow the link below to find out about future programs run by BioMelbourne Network.
What is BioMelbourne Network?
BioMelbourne Network is a not-for-profit membership association for organisations engaged in biotechnology, medical technology, pharmaceuticals and health innovation in the State of Victoria.
Playing a critical role in connecting clinicians, researchers, finance and industry, BioMelbourne Network supports and promotes the growth of the sector’s infrastructure and facilitates the development and commercialisation of new drugs, devices, diagnostics and digital health technologies here in Melbourne.