Expression of Interest: Talent Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
8. What type of programs are you looking for? We are seeking proposals for programs needed to support Victorians that don’t have experience working at startups or scaleups so they can successfully transition into jobs in Victorian startups and scaleups. If you have experience in helping talented people access employment in startups or scaleups and are interested in running or expanding your program in Victoria we want to hear your proposal for a program through this EOI.
7. When do you want the programs to start? LaunchVic is intending to fund programs before the end of 2020, but it will depend on quality program being available to fund. This EOI is helping to inform future investments by LaunchVic into Talent Programs.
6. How much funding is available? The EOI will inform future investments by LaunchVic into Talent Programs. Please select a bracket of funding required to deliver the program in the application form under 'Key Information > Section 5. Funding'.
5. Why is LaunchVic issuing an Expression of Interest instead of running a Grant Round? LaunchVic will evaluate all EOI applications against the Key Information and will use this information to inform future investments into Talent Programs, which may include a dedicated grant round or direct investments into exceptional programs (subject to the number of quality proposals received).
4. I would like to discuss my proposal with someone from LaunchVic before submitting, can I speak with someone from LaunchVic? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and we will be in touch with you. We generally respond to emails within 48 hours during the working week.
3. Can i submit multiple applications? Yes. This is an Expression of Interest so we are looking to hear from experienced teams/organisations to help talented people access employment in startups or scaleups and are interested in running or expanding your program in Victoria. We would however recommend that you focus on submitting proposals for programs where you have relevant experience and fulfil a market need.
2. Is there a guide on how many people LaunchVic would expect to participate in the program? We would suggest your response is based on your expertise at delivering programs and the market need to justify the number of Victorians who would be supported through the program.
1. Where can i find a job in a startup? The purpose of this EOI is to determine opportunities to fund Talent Programs that will support Victorians to find employment in the startup ecosystem. The purpose of the Talent Programs that we ultimately fund will be to help people find a job in a startup. In the meantime, we recommend that you check out Scaleup Your Career to find some helpful tips and links.